1. Mat Etiquette - All procedures of the Dojo, including lining up and Rei’s etc. and the reasons for their practice.
2. Basic Exercises - Must be aware of the various types of exercises, and the reasons for stretching, warming up and other exercises. Warning to new students about over-enthusiasm on exercises.
3. Breakfalls - Left & Right Side Breakfalls, Front Breakfall, Rolling Two Handed Breakfall, Back Breakfall, Left & Right Side Rolling Breakfall, Diving/Rolling taking out knee and Forelap Breakfall. Introduced over a period to suit the individual.
4. Breaking a Front Strangle (2).
5. Basic Punching Techniques.
6. Hip Throw.
7. Breaking a Back Strangle (2).
8. Straight Arm Lock.
9. Shoulder Arm Lock.
10. Recumbent Ankle Throw.
11. Kata of Eight Blocks - This kata is shown as a pairs exercise.